Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

After days and days in shopping malls photographing "holiday displays" (come on, just call a spade a spade, they're Christmas displays!) for commercial clients who's entire business is all about decorating the malls around the country, my one wish would be that these malls install auto-power-off switches so that when I am working from 11pm until 6am in an empty mall, that I don't hear the same songs on rotation for days on end. But, alas, when I return home, and it's all about my daughters who are so excited to see Santa, listening to those songs takes on a different - more personal - meaning, and they somehow are not a bother anymore.

My wife asks what I want for Christmas, and I want for nothing. I am healthy, have a job I love, and a wonderful wife and two beautiful children. What more could I ask for?

  • Peace on Earth?
  • Good Will Towards Man?
  • Rights Respecting Clients?
  • Colleagues Who Value Their Own Talents and Rights As Much As Their Clients (secretly) Do?
  • A Photographer's Union?
Come on, let's be realistic, and just enjoy the holiday!


(Comments, if any, after the Jump)


Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

7 comments:

Patti & Richard Hofmann said...

Merry Christmas Christmas John & family

Jacques Gratton Photographe said...

Merry Christmas from Québec, John!

http://jacquesgratton.com/Images/Voeux_anglos_DSC2165.jpg

photoshopabuser said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

A photographers union would be great!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks for all of the valuable information from both this blog and your book.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great Christmas, and were able to spend a lot of time with the family.

Thanks for the blog, it's great fun and I learn things, too.

Happy New Year, and may yours be a prosperous one as well.

Pete

Brian Mc said...

Merry Christmas, John. And thanks for all the invaluable help and advice this past year.

jimmyd said...

What a wonderful world it would be if everyone had their health and were content with their jobs, families, and felt there was nothing more they could ask for.

Happy Holidaze!

Newer Post Older Post