Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Membership Has It's Privileges

Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for for months years (well, 18 months to be exact). It was finally time to upgrade my Macbook Pro, as Apple finally delivered their overdue refresh of the product line. I'd done some shopping around, and the price for the one I wanted - 17", 250GB HD 7200rpm, 2GB ram, 2.6Ghz processor, was $3,199. No problem, I could swing a sweet deal and pay just $2,943 - a $256 savings, through my connections. (Note, it says "order subtotal" on the savings section, and "cart subtotal" when I was doing my research.)

A little-known secret - when you buy a screen with a CPU (and a laptop qualifies as a CPU, even though it has a screen) that screen is covered by Applecare. Buy it a day later, and it's not. So, I added in a 30" monitor. Add in the Aperture 2 upgrade, a Time Capsule, AppleCare, and Microsoft Office 2008 (another secret - its cheaper to buy Office with a CPU than standalone), and I would have been paying $6,815.53, but with my connections, I saved $650.10, and am paying only $6,165.43.

Sweet!

You too can have these connections - mine comes from my membership in ASMP, which was more than paid for for a year - almost two, with this one purchase alone, and they have countless other benefits and discounts, to see the benefits, click here, and to join for this, and many many other reasons, click here!

(Continued after the Jump)



Please post your comments by clicking the link below. If you've got questions, please pose them in our Photo Business Forum Flickr Group Discussion Threads.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! I saw this in Google Reader as I was taking a break from building a new Mac Pro at the Apple Store. I'm planning on buying one next month so this article was very timely, indeed!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

John

APA Also has a discount program with Apple. For APA members go to the national site - http://www.apanational.com

Similar discounts.

Anonymous said...

NPPA members also get discounts from Apple. A 15-inch 2.5GHz MacBook Pro is $200 less for NPPA members.

Link for NPPA members here, after you login:

http://www.nppa.org/member_services/special_offers/

For some reason the NPPA kinda hides it, as it's not an advertised member benefit unless you login and then browse member benefits.

Anonymous said...

Talk to your local apple business rep or talk to one when you call apple to make an order. You can usually get a small break (5-10%)or freebies (iPhone) tossed in when you deal with them, depending on how much you purchase. Not sure if you can combine with other discounts.

Newer Post Older Post